The Cell editor is the tool used to edit your creature in the Cell Stage. Like the creature editor, it has a model of the creature body and a choice of twelve parts to add to it, although the creature is edited in 2D in this stage. There are three main features of the editor: size and shape, color, and parts.
Shape & Size Edit
The cell editor is more restrictive than the creature editor, having a top-down view and with cells being a set six vertebrae long. The vertebrae must also be in one line but otherwise can be shaped as desired; the cell can be fattened and thinned at each vertebra just like in the creature editor.
There are 24 textures to paint your cell with and 735 colors. Textures change as the player progresses through the Cell Stage to form similar creature stage textures.
|Name of Part||Type of Part||Ability Given||Cost in DNA||Ability Given in Creature stage|
|Filter Mouth||Mouth||Can eat plants||15||Can eat fruit|
|Jaw||Mouth||Can eat meat||15||Can eat meat|
|Proboscis||Mouth||Can drink cytoplasm and plants||25||Can eat meat and fruit|
|Spike||Weapon||Damages cells that touch it||10||Charge (Level 1)|
|Poison||Weapon||Excretes poison. Cells with this part will not be affected by your poison||15||Spit (Level 1)|
|Electric||Weapon||Electrocutes nearby cells||25||Charm (Level 1)|
|Flagella||Speed||Allows your cell to move faster (constant movement)||15||Sneak (Level 1|
|Cilia||Speed||Allows your cell to move and turn faster (fast pulse movement)||15||Jump (Level 1)|
|Jet||Speed||Adds 2 speed per jet (charged pulse movement)||25||Sprint (Level 1)|
|Beady Eye||Sight||Allows your cell to see||5||Sight|
|Stalk Eye||Sight||Allows your cell to see||5||Sight|
|Button Eye||Sight||Allows your cell to see||5||Sight|
Accessing full editor Edit
It is possible to access the expanded beta version of the cell editor in the full game by copying and pasting the spore icon on your desktop, then right-clicking on one, going to "properties" and editing the target so the end reads -state:CellEditor rather than '-locale:en-us'.So it should look like this;"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE\Sporebin\SporeApp.exe" -state:CellEditor.This gives you access to the cell editor, along with an extra 4 pages worth of parts. Most of these are "improved" variants of the basic parts that are seen in the artwork book that comes with the Galactic Edition. Also notable is one more eye design, called "Long Eye". Exiting the editor will launch Spore as normal.
- It is not possible to do this anymore if you have Galactic Adventures unless you have changed the path to "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\SPORE_EP1\Sporebin_EP1\SporeApp.exe". You must use the regular spore. You may have Creepy and Cute parts and Bot Parts
There is also a way to create new cells without using anything but the Spore game(You must have completed the cell stage at least once first):
- Launch Spore.
- Go into the Sporepedia.
- Open up a cell you have played in the cell stage as.
- You will see an option to edit it. Go into that editor.
- Create a completely new cell of your own creation.
- When it asks you if you want to replace it, press "Save new".
- Repeat whenever you would like to create a cell!
See also Edit
- Video Tutorial on how access the hidden cell editor with extra cell parts
- Video Tutorial on how to play using cells with these extra parts
- Using certain hacks, it is possible to play as an illegal cell (a cell from the secret editor) in cell state and evolve with them, but you need to have save anything to edit it.
- Some upgraded parts in the hidden editor are found on cells in the cell stage, but some of the larger ones are not seen. These were most likely upgrades for the original parts, where you had to find them, almost like in the creature stage. They were most likely cut due to the brevity of the Cell Stage.
- In Creature Stage, the eyes change colour depending on the base colour of your creature.
- In Spore Galactic Edition, the Beta Parts are featured in the 'Art Of Spore' which shows the Beta Elements/Concept Art of Spore.