"Select this tool and click on a planet creature to modify it."
The Creature Tweaker is a socialization tool that when used on a creature on a planet, it brings the creature into a special Creature Creator and allows the player to modify it. Once the modifications are complete and have been accepted, 5 copies of your modification can be found in your Cargo Bay. As such, at least one cargo slot must be available in order to use this tool. However, it should be noted that it shouldn't be purchased unless you have plenty of Sporebucks. Even at its lowest price, it's still 250,000 Sporebucks per Tweaker. (note that it can also be used as a cheaper and easier to aqquire version of the Create Creature.)
- Doesn't function when improving the T-Score of a planet.
- If an edit is cancelled, you will return to the space screen and the edit will not count as a use.
- Doesn't work on sentient creatures. However, if you find a creature classified as a creature that looks like a sapient one, you can use the tweaker on it. However, you can not save any changes, or add more clothing/animal parts. Creature tweakers actually kill sapient creatures.
- However, the player could create a custom sentient creature by creating a creature, then uplifting it with a Monolith.
- Edit 25 creatures with the Creature Tweaker to gain the Bio Engineer Achievement.
- You can only edit the creature using parts you have on your own creature or have "collected" by scanning or abducting other creatures. After scanning or abducting a few other creatures with parts you hadn't collected last time, when you enter the editor again the newly scanned parts will pop up in the corresponding part palettes.
This tool uses purchased ammunition.