Eggs are laid by the creatures of Spore. If you eat an egg in Creature or Tribal stage, the species will instantly hate you.
After your cell mates, it will lay an egg. The egg is yellow with a halo around it. Maas will lay eggs which are transparent, but have a black fog inside them. Maa eggs cannot be seen in poison or cell guts, and will eventually hatch into Juniors.
All creatures in the Creature Stage will lay eggs of varying color and patterns. The player's egg colour is influenced by the colour or texture of the creature's skin. This is not so for other creatures. After laying an egg, a creature usually dances. After a short time the egg will hatch into a member of that species. The egg can be eaten for 25 DNA points and a tiny leap in the evolution bar. Both carnivores and herbivores can eat eggs, but not the eggs of their own species. Eating an egg of a species will usually turn the entire nest hostile, although sometimes there is no change in their attitude to you and they will remain neutral. If you don't want them to get mad at you, befriend only two creatures of the nest before eating the nest's egg/eggs. A glitch is that sometimes it can be seen in the air, as if there was ground below it. This can be fixed by gliding and taking it down.
As eggs will keep being produced as long as there is a species present in the nest, eating eggs is the best method to continue to gain DNA points after the evolution bar is full and you are prompted to enter the tribal stage. The amount of DNA points awarded for extincting or befriending species reduces after the evolution bar is full, but the points awarded for egg eating remains the same. Eggs can be moved by walking into them and letting them roll away from the nest. No matter how far the egg is moved away from the nest or creatures of that species, their hostility will still be increased if you eat their eggs. Unlike befriending or extincting species, body parts are never unlocked by eating eggs, there is only the DNA award. If you extinct a species and there are eggs left in their nest, these will not hatch but will disappear after a time.
One tactic that is useful for carnivores is to befriend 3 of your own species and then circuit the continent raiding eggs from any nest that has them. Ignore the species and just eat the egg, if the owners attack you your pack will kill them. This can be combined with a high jump/glide ability to make your pack leave the fight as soon as you have the 25 DNA.
In the Tribal Stage, when you click the Baby Icon, a pink egg will roll out of your Hut and hatch. Eggs are also an easy source of food. You can harvest it from domesticated animals (Pets), or steal it from wild animals, although this will automatically make them hostile towards you.
Other Stages Edit
Galactic Adventures Edit
Eggs appear as props in Spore Galactic Adventures. There are two forms of eggs that act like the Creature Stage eggs (in the "Handheld Objects" category), and one (the "Epic Egg") that is a static ornament.
Cancelled Stages Edit
- There is a strategy for stealing eggs. Like pushing a member of different species away, push the egg away before it hatches. However, they may still instantly hate your creature after you eat the egg in a different place.
- There is a Glitch that when you come out of the ocean as an early creature, an egg just falls out of the sky into your nest. This Glitch rarely happens.
- If you find an egg with no one else in your nest, stand by the egg and wait for it to hatch. When the egg hatches, the baby whill follow you around the nest, to a certain point, at which it will follow another adult.
- Some of your species might push an egg out of the nest to give space
- When your creature eats a egg in Creature Stage, it eats almost the same way as how a Rogue creature drinks in water