|Fanatical Frenzy|| ||
On use the projectile flies quickly towards ground leaving a yellow trail behind. Upon impact the cities on the planet convert to your empire and white lines with notes spewing out of them fly in all directions. At the point where the projectile was shot the lines form a spiral that continues until the weapon stops. As the lines of notes travel across the planet, above the converted cites appear extremely large holograms of your creature. After several seconds the hologram shrinks and disappears. It is recommended to use Fanatical Frenzy on homeworlds.
Power can be used to take over a star system, leaving the cities intact saving you the cost to rebuild.
Use of this power on a planet breaks the Galactic Code and will cause negative relationships with nearby empires. When using this consequence ability all space faring empires within 10.5 pc of the location where the weapon was deployed will give you a -100 relation penalty. The only exception is the Grox, who instead respect this sort of behavior.
|Ability||Ship Tools Tab||Cost||Damage||Cooldown|
|Fanatical Frenzy||Socialization||No Cost||None||30 minutes from use|
Other Notes Edit
Although the time to recharge this ability can take more than half an hour, the recharge time can be shortened drastically without delay by saving and exiting the game after using this ability and resuming the game thereafter. Upon loading the game file, the ability should be fully recharged. This can be useful in taking over an enemy star-system quickly, especially one with several T-3 worlds, though empires within 10.5 parsecs away from you will be furious, so you would need to either take over their empires, or make them friendly again by giving them money. Another way to cooldown quickly (if you don't mind cheating) is to use the cheat SetConsequenceTrait Space_Zealot, and the cooldown timer will automatically reset so then you may use Fanatical Frenzy again.
- Fanatical Uprising is closely related to this weapon, both capturing the planet. Differences are that Fanatical Uprising has to be paid for and Fanatical Frenzy has to recharge.
- Many people compare this to the Scientist (philosophy) Gravitation Wave and argue that this is the most useful compared to other unique abilities. Each power has different uses however.
- When the cities are captured, notably large holograms appear over the city once a wave of notes fly over the city, and the hologram laughs until the ability ends completely.
- You may get this power and Faithful Zealot while being another archetype if you have Spore Galactic Adventures.
- Most empires that you haven't had many encounters with will only need small peace offerings, making the power also capable of making nearby systems your friends if you have the money.
- Using this at an alien space faring civilization near Grox territory can both help you gain a base inside of the Grox Empire and gain respect with them.
- If used on a Grox colony that has multiple cities with maximized turret space and the planet is still T0, leaving the planet will cause all the extra cities and special turrets to be removed, leaving behind only 1 randomly selected city to be left standing, stripped of all its vital economic and defensive infrastructure. Likewise, it is best to terraform the planet to T3 before exiting the exosphere to avoid this collateral damage.