It allows player to "glide" after becoming airborne creature. It functions similar to a double jump, allowing the user to achieve greater height and distance by flapping their wings (pressing the space key repeatedly) while in the air. Additionally, players will glide in the direction they are facing instead of directly downwards while falling, with greater air control.
Higher levels of glide provide more "flaps" per level, allowing for greater distance and height to be covered. All parts that grant glide also grant the Jump ability at level 1, so that players can conveniently get airborne creatures the necessary minimum height to glide.
Players can earn the Flight of the Bumblebee achievement for flying over 200 meters without touching the ground.
Parts that provide the glide ability are listed below:
|Part||Category||Glide Level Granted||Part Cost (DNA)||Notes|
|Antisoptera, Fauxry Wings, Megachiraptora, Cassoworry||Detail||2 / 3 / 4 / 5||25 / 75 / 150 / 250||Animated, each provide level 1 Jump|
|Glider Pack||Captain Accessory||1*||0||Only available to Captains, * While listed as 1, the player can glide indefinitely as long as they have energy, as it costs 100 energy per use.|
- Glide is useful for killing an Epic creature using a method known as kiting, where is to fly around the epic and spit at it.
- It is also one of the most useful abilities in the game, good for getting around quickly, escaping battles and especially Epic creatures, and simply flying right over the nests of enemy creatures who would otherwise attack.
- Glide can often be used to escape otherwise certain death, making it useful when fighting powerful nests or being ambushed and overwhelmed by multiple hostile species. Many creatures stop chasing when the player takes off.
- The best kind of foot for flying creatures is the Raptorclaws foot. Despite jump being level 4, the speed is level 5. This allows creature, with a running start, to fly the fastest for a longer period of time than The Toadening foot.
- A good trick for getting high into the air for the Flight of the Bumblebee achievement(this only works during Creature Stage) is to go to a Spice Geyser or Volcano and it will shoot you far up into the air.
- Using the mating call while gliding, it will able immediately glide again (by pressing space/clicking the button).
- The cassowary wings will appear slightly glitched on creatures.
- Occasionally, when wings are placed on moving portions of a creature’s body (neck, limbs, etc.) and the creature’s flaps its wings to glide, the wing will glitch from one position to another, and back when the creature moves the wing back up. Albeit seeming abnormal, this is merely due to angling effects sometimes seen in the Creature Editor where a part “snaps” from one position to the next.
Used in Edit