This article requires cleanup for quality standards and clarity. Feel free to help out!
A modification (commonly referred to simply as a "Mod" for short) is a file or any set of files that will alter or modify the way Spore works or add or eliminate content. Spore handles mods as a 'Package' file, in the same way to 'The Sims 2' and 'The Sims 3'. Many major mods such as BetterSpore, Platinum spore, ForgottenSpore, and Orbit Spore introduce massive changes to Spore.
This page documents many of the popular Spore modifications.
- You can make your own modification in it.
- Unpacking and packing of .package files, with automatic conversion of .prop files to and from .xml. files.xml is no longer necessary.
- Packing of .rw4 (RenderWare 4) model and texture files (from OGRE3D XML format and DDS format respectively) with packages, making part creation possible for the first time.
- XML property files are more user-friendly than in previous mod tools, using names instead of hashes where possible. XML files are order-independent.
- Full text indexing of .xml and .locale files in the unpacked package, to permit very fast incremental search. Search for keywords separated by spaces or “literal phrases”.
- Side-by-side comparison of file tree in Spore and the mod under development. One-click execution of WinMerge to see and edit changes in an individual file.
- Built in syntax highlighting editor.
- Image and model viewers.
- Tools for guessing the original names for hashes and for creating friendly aliases for hashes that can’t be guessed (or that were randomly generated by EA).
Another tool that can be used for XML file editing is Notepad ++.
Platinum Spore is a mod made by the modder vexx32. It has a wide range of features and includes many new space stage weapons and technology. Platinum Spore also incorporates many of BallLightning's BetterSpore Tools, as well as over a hundred other changes. The Current version is 2.0. The site is dedicated to modding of all Spore, it is free to join, but still a small forum. Mod Link.
Major Feature s
- In Cell stage Platinum Spore changes the normal cell editor with a 3D editor allowing for advanced modifications such as spine tweaking.
- In Creature stage it adds and changes many features such as packs of rogues.
- In Tribal Stage it adds features such as the amount of tribe members you can have and the number of spots available for tool sheds.
- In Civilization Stage no major modifications are made just the names of the nations are changed.
- In Space stage many new features and weapons are added such as the ion cannon.
BetterSpore is a usermade Expansion modification by BallLightning. Version 1.5.1 was released on March 13th 2009 and version 1.6 was going to be released after Spore Galactic Adventures, however development ceased before BetterSpore 1.6 was created.
50 parts which were already in the official game are added to the Creature Creator. 40 cell parts and 10 Grox parts. Originally there were 10 new custom parts coming but they were scrapped due to bugs.
OrbitSpore is a mod that makes huge changes to the Spore interface, even more so than Platinum Spore. Currently, version 1.1 is the newest version and it is unlikely that 1.2 will be completed as it appears to have been scrapped. (Mod creators note: Orbit Spore 1.2 was released at some point.)
OrbitSpore adds all the parts from all the stages into the creature editor allowing Creature-machine hybrids to be created.
OrbitSpore also adds a ton of new tools and weapons to the Space Stage.
(Mod creators note:Mod download)
Davo's Vocal Bot Mouths
Davo's Vocal Bot Mouths is a modification and a fan-made patch.
(End of davoonline.com content)
This patch adds sing level 1 to the bot mouths. If you are going to share a creature with a bot mouth, and if the creature has no social parts (other then the patched bot mouth itself), it is recommended that you add a token social part to your creature before shearing it. In addition to fixing the aforementioned crashes, this should also fix another issue: some adventures (including Maxis made ones) will assume that your captain has at least sing level one, without sing you may not be able to complete those adventures.
While this patch will prevent your creature from crashing your copy of Spore, it will not prevent your creature from crashing other player's (un-patched) copies of Spore, the only way to prevent that is to add a social part to your creature.
A mod created by a user named "Davo" that add parts from Darkspore into the creature creator, and aims to remove restrictions on editors. Creatures with the Darkspore parts cannot be shared, but they can be placed in adventures and viewed by others, though they will not appear in the Sporepedia. However, creatures with the Darkspore parts can be seen in-game when players are playing in any stage.
In the current version, players also can use all outfitter, captain, and even Grox parts. In addition to this, there are even silicon-like limbs that do not appear in game, making the creation of floating creatures much easier.
The mod also allows creatures to be edited in space stage, and removes the complexity limit allowing for infinitely complex creatures.
If the files are not added properly, all Darkspore parts will have their textures corrupted as well as all parts being completely devoid of animations.
The latest version of Dark Injection includes these features:
- Plasma, Bio, Quantum, Cyber, and Necro-based limbs.
- Heads, weapons, and body parts from the ingame characters, and ones that aren't used ingame at all.
- Armor parts
- Crogenitor masks.
- Invisible limbs.
- Invisible feet and graspers
- Special abilities such as "Dual Blade Spin" and "Plasma Blast".
- Mouths that makes sound.
- Parts unlockable in Creature Stage.
- Parts from all stages.
- Parts do not use DNA points, nor do they take up complexity in the creature or cell creator.
- In the building editor, roofs and main parts can be rotated in any direction if the player presses TAB.
- Special effects taken throughout the Spore creators (including effects from Captain parts, building parts, Adventure special effects, and vehicle effects.)
- 3D cell editor
- Additional part handles to some creature parts.
- Additional paint options.
- Multiple additional charge abilities that can damage and stun.
- Grox parts.
- Genetic modifier, which allows the creatures themselves to be edited in the tribal, civilization, and space stages.
- Additional parts found on cells, but normally cannot be acquired.
- Creatures have unlimited height.
- More DNA for Eating
- Quicker Cell Stage
- Better AI
- Cell Stage Spine
Cell Stage Ideas for Later Versions
- Delete this Entire Stage and Create the impossible Water Stage
The Goal for this stage is to add Sea creatures and make this more like the water stage. Cell stage is the only stage that does not connect with the other stages and seems like its a side mini game. Not much can be done with this stage but we're taking ideas...
The only known development of the Aquatic Stage or editor is being done by the Forgotten Spore team. The Editor seems more loose, has more space and feels much better. To access the editor you can download the Mod and go to the normal creature editor. The Mod features the Creature Creator and the Early Creator mixed along with cell parts and a Brand New GUI. Link is currently in the Youtube Description. You can find out more about its development at ForgottenSpore.com.
- Pick up Smaller Animals
- New UI
- Ally Epics
- Bigger Planet
- More Detail Planet
- Creature Nest Increased
- Better AI
- Sea creature gone
- Adjustments To Creature Attacks
- More Creatures In creature stage
- More DNA for Kills
- 2 DNA for Eating meat
- 2 DNA for eating Fruit
- 30 DNA for eating Eggs
- Camera Fix
- All Core Spore Parts in Editor
- Abilities Adjusted
- Graphics Update
- Weather Effects
- Day/Night times
- Increase Regeneration health
- Health Recovery for resting
- Ai Flying
- Player Glide Increased Dramatic
- Epics Travel in packs
- Epics Health Decreased to 500
- Ponds and Lakes
- Map Fix
Creature Stage Ideas for Later Versions
- Need More Ideas
Wild life animal survival and evolution is fasinating but when you tone it down making it Super kid friendly that kills the Experience.The goal for this stage is to make it less kid friendly and more realistic.Taking all ideas.......
- New Village Names
- Place Tribal Buildings Anywhere
- Food Start at 5
- Baby Growth Faster
- Buildings Health Increase
- New Tribal Animations
- Graphics Update
- Real Tribes
- More Tribe Members
- Dificulty Adjusted
- Tribal Tools Updated
- Day/Night times
Tribal stage Ideas for later versions
- Wooden walls for advanced tribes
Once trading and tribal walls is set tribal stage will be complete but where still taking ideas...
- Day/Night times
- Prices Adjusted
- Buy All Vehicle Types
- Can buy more Vehicles
Civil Stage Ideas for Later Versions:
- Need Ideas
Civil stage is pretty much complete theres not much we can do with this stage all ideas are welcome
- Graphics Update
- 200+ New Tools
- All Tools Infinite
- 5 million start
- Can Use Any tool on Any Planet
- Wild Life Planets Increased to 150 (Default is 30)
- Space Cocain added
- Genetic Modifier (Edit Creature)
- Can Choose City Walls
- Bigger Star Systems (1-21 planets)
- Special Tech Tree added
- Can Buy all Archetype Specials
- 50+ added Buildings (Can be Placed Anywhere on Any Planet)
- Infinite Colonies (Upgraded Now uses No ammo)
- Bigger Planets
- New Scrolls Added
- New Rare Objects
- Player Planets Get Grox Voices (Will be Taken Out I agree that 1 voice is to Limited)
- Planets Have Fleets of ships on it Instead of default 2-8
- Smart AI adjusted
- 20% Less Empires in space (For real time Space)
- Monolith Any Planet
- Infinite Trade Routs
- Lots Of New Spices
- Staff Of Grox
- Staff Of Spode
- Staff Of Gravity
- Camera fix
- UFO health increase
- 10 Planet Edit Tools
- A lot More Badges
- New Starter Money
- No Joker Badge
- Pirate Raids Decreased
- War Raids Decreased
- Bio Problems Decrease
- Eco Problems Decreased
- Planet Sizes Adjusted
- Day/Night Features on planets
- Grox more of a threat Near Center
- Grox Color change
- Grox Reinjusted to 1000 Systems (Default is 2400)
- Grox Raids Decreased
- Grox Own More Planets within their Systems
- 20+ Corperations
- Forgotten Spore Corperation
This is a small list of the spices that has been found in the Forgotten Spore modification:
- Cocaine: Sells for at most 2,000$, and at least, 133$. The symbol is a normal spice sign, just turquoise colored. It is very rare, and found in Red Dwarf stars.
- Pepper: The symbol is a normal spice sign, and jet black in color. It is somewhat common on cold planets.
- Salt: The symbol is white, and is uncommon. It is found on hot planets.
- Coriander: An orange spice, and is almost as common as red spice. It is found on planets that are in the green zone, and slightly less common on planets with cold or hot temperature.
Space Stage Ideas For Later Versions:
- Earth Story
- Gliese 582 story
- Grob Story
- More Weapons
- More Planet Decorations
- More Planet edit tools
- More End Game Content
- More Achetypes
Forgotten Spore V2 (Future)
- Creature Editor: All Parts from All other Editors added to the creature Editor
- Adventure Editor:Increased Complexity
- All Editors: Graphics/UI Update
- Cell Editor: Water stage Editor
- UI Updated Black and Green
- More Tools
- 40+ Corperations
- V1: This Mod is Not Compatible with Most Mods. It's Only Compatible with Creature Part Mods and Any Editor Mods. This Mod is made for Patch 1.04 and Higher.
- V2: Not compatible with 95% of Mods Due to Size (95% percent of Spore was Modded/50 MB was added to Spore)
Fixed Spore Mod
A mod created by user named "GPStudio" on YouTube. This mod includes a lots of fixes for Creature Stage, Civilization Stage and Space Stage.
Fixes included in Creature Stage:
- Added 0.2 DNA Point per Fruit
- Decreased DNA Points per Egg from 25 to 20 **
- Decreased Large DNA Points from 10 to 7 **
- Decreased Medium DNA Points from 5 to 3 **
- Decreased XL DNA Points from 20 to 15 **
- Added 200 DNA Points required to reach Brain Lv.1 **
- Added 400 DNA Points required to reach Brain Lv.2 **
- Added 600 DNA Points required to reach Brain Lv.3 **
- Added 800 DNA Points required to reach Brain Lv.4 **
** - This modification increase length of Creature Stage from min 30 min to max 2 h or more.
Fixes included in Civilization Stage:
- Decreased required money for build Factory (from 1200$ to 900$)
- Decreased required money for build House (from 1600$ to 1300$)
- Decreased required money for build Entertainment (from 800$ to 650$)
- Decreased required money for build Turret (from 2000$ to 1600$)
- Increased Economy Turret damage from 15 to 18
- Increased Military Turret damage from 25 to 30
- Increased Religious Turret amage from 20 to 24
Fixes included in Space Stage:
- Decreased required money for build Colony Entertainment (from 12800$ to 10000$)
- Decreased required money for build Colony Factory (from 19200$ to 16500$)
Decreased required money for build Colony House (from 25000$ to 21000$)
- Decreased required money for build Colony Turret (from 16000$ to 13000$)
- Increased chance for drop money from Bomber (from 50% to 80%), Defender (from 40% to 60%)
and Interceptor (from 20% to 40%)
- Fixed Space Relationship (in Dyplomacy option)
- Fixed Missions Rewards
- Fixed Weapons Properties
- Fixed Potions Properties
- Fixed Tools Properties
- Fixed Trading
Other fixes you can find into file Changelog Fixed Spore.txt in RAR.
Download : http://adf.ly/o5B90
Spore Patch 1.07 is a unofficial community made patch created by forgotten spore
Users are reporting you cannot share these creatures by the official exchange due to a lock issue. However it has been reported that you can still share them by posting the PNG file – just not to the official site. This may be fixed when EA releases the patch on their website and removes the lock code.
Spore Freedom Patch notes:
- Show Anim Selecter
- Recording time increased to 20 minutes
- 20 Fps Recording speed
- Toggle record Capture UI
- YouTube stay LogIn
- YouTube video upload enabled
- Intense Space Stage
- Planets is procedurally generated on game start [infinite possibilities]
- Generate a new galaxy every time until you save.
- Show avatar Damage
- Choose your creature for cell stage
- 2 New Adventures unlocked
- Top 2014 Creations added to your sporepedia
- Trade Route complexity eliminated
- Editors no longer use the complexity meter
- Cameras Updated [Zoom In and Out Further]
- Expanded travel radius [Patch 7]
- All levels unlocked at start
- Drag and drop file into "in game editor"
- All Editors will save, complexity or modded creatures
- Mod Support [Option added]
- Creature Keeper index added
- Graphics enhancement
- Updated to 2013 - Late 2014 Graphic cards
- Uninstall patch easy
Spore Patch Bugs Fixed:
- Big Babies: Very rarely, when a baby grows to adulthood, its eyes and feet will still be surprisingly large, 2x bigger than other adults not affected by this graphical glitch.
- Submerged Huts: Very rarely, if you start a game at tribal stage, your hut will be submerged underwater, causing your tribe to be stuck and starved.
- Submerged Nest: Rarely, your nest will start the creature stage in the middle of an ocean or other body of water. Because this doesn't usually happen, you can't eat anything and there are no other species to attack or socialize with. Even more rarely, you can't go on to land at all without being eaten by the Sea Monster.
- Civilization Stage Crashes: Upon installing Patch 5 and GA, the game may crash when you try to start a game from Civilization stage.
- Bugged Vehicle Editor: Sometimes if you immediately go to the Sporepedia after saving a vehicle, and then go back to the editor screen, the editor will look bizarre.
- Glitches involving the new Spore Bot Parts.
- Floating Legs: If you have a 3-jointed Bot Legs, you can raise the lowest joint of the leg, and the feet will be raised into the air as well. If you make the feet raise higher than the body, the body will sink into the ground.
- Singless creature crashes game: If you use the robot mouths, they won't have a singing sound, if you try to socialize a creature with the singing tone, the game will crash.
- Patch 5 Animation glitch.