Some systems colonized by the Grox have planets that do not produce Spice. They are located in the Green Belts.
- If another Empire colonizes the planet, it will produce a random color of Spice. You can buy or conquer the planet to gain access to the "ghost spice".
- Sometimes, one of these planets will produce multiple types of Spice.
- If they do, it is most likely the spice of any nearby moon, sugesting that Colonies send spaceships to collect spice from the moon.
- The spiceless planet in one's homes system is ideal for starting a zoo, due to it's proximity to a visible area and the fact that no spice is wasted.
- Occasionally, the spiceless planet in your home system will HAVE spice, but will not have the crashed spaceship. This is due to a glitch, and it is impossible to progress further in the game if this occurs.