This article is about the community surrounding Spore, and not necessarily about the game itself.
A number of games have been compared to Spore, due to having similar gameplay and themes.
|Amoeba||Terry Paton||An avoider game in which the player, an amoeba, collects glucose cells to grow bigger and avoids viruses.|
|Thrive||Revolutionary Games.||THRIVE is an open source game which aims to simulate the entire universe - your way. From the lowly tide pools of your home planet, you will evolve a creature to triumph against your adversaries, gain sentience and blast off to explore distant worlds.|
|Darwin Pond||Rocket Science Games, Inc.||A microbial life simulation.|
|elu||clysm||A humble life simulator in which the player can slightly affect the environment or simply observe.|
|Eufloria||Rudolf Kremers & Alex May||A real-time strategy game involving space exploration and conquest.|
|flOw||Jenova Chen & Nicholas Clark||A tidepool game in which the player guides a cell to eat other cells to evolve. At the bottom, you reproduce, and are allowed to play as a different cell. It also has quite a pleasant soundtrack.|
|iGalaxy||inferno||BS2 mod||A two-dimensional celestial-body simulator.|
|Microbe Kombat||Hero Interactive||A microbe combat game.|
|Oroboros||Funface Games||A dragon-piloting, level-centric game.|
|Manifest||Michael Chang||A tablet-focused drawing toy featuring procedural microorganisms.|
|Noctis IV||Fottifoh||Massive universe simulator with up to 80 billion interactive stars and planets.|
|Plankton Life||Logic Collision||An avoider game in which the player controls a microorganism.|
|Sodaplay||Soda Creative Ltd.||A community-driven physics toy repository.|
|The Universal||A free downloadable MMO game where you can run your own planet and travel to others run by real people.|
|Celestia - Galaxy Simulator||A virtual planetarium which can be expanded by addons.|
|Evochron Renegades||A space simulator with a procedurally generated world just like Spore's|
|ai.planet||A planet/evolution/ecosystem simulator with simple 3D graphics|
|Captain Forever||A free game, where the player shoots other ships in space to steal their parts. Different ways of constructing the spacecraft will change the way the ships move and shoot. Ships can also be shared with other players. It is not unlike Flow.|
|Void Hunters||Jagex's game, akin to Captain Forever, only in Java and with a different grid system, also multiplayer. Uses the same login details as runescape|
|Planetoid 2||A game where you chose a race and start a civilization in space. As you invest in new technology, you can eventually travel to another planet. There is always one other civilization in your system, which you can either befriend or battle.|
Games inspired by SporeEdit
- E.V.O. The Search for Eden
- This game is an SNES game. The link is to a fan page.
- Stratosphere: Conquest Of The Skies
- No official site.
- Imagine Earth - A game that is similar to colonization and the civilization stages in Spore.
- Universe Sandbox - A game that simulates gravity and where the player can create interactions between planetary, stellar or even galactic bodies. It simulates many astrophysical relationships, from galactic collisions to the formation and destruction of planetary rings.
Games that different Spore stages have been compared toEdit
- Creature Stage: Soloing quests in World of Warcraft. MMORPG games.
- Tribal Stage: Populous
- Civilization Stage: Command & Conquer: Red Alert, the Sid Meier's civilization.
- Space stage: Master of Orion, Star Control 2: The Ur-Quan Masters,[http://ace.subagames.com/ ace online}
Note : A project on scratch is somewhat similar to the cell stage of spore.