Spore Hero Arena is a spin-off of Spore Hero, developed for the Nintendo DS.it was Released on October 6th 2009.
An evil meteor is wreaking havoc across the galaxy's fighters, and only your creature can stop it.
The game begins with a spaceship being hit by an asteroid and crashing into a planet. When the cutscene ends, the player will create their creature and it will step out of the spaceship. After exploring the planet, you creature will meet a lobster-like creature named Yeedo, who then tries to make the player get out of his home by attacking them, but he is too weak. After you defeat Yeedo, he claims that the only reason the player's creature was able to win is because of a blue meteor fragment that you had picked up before meeting him has made you stronger, and then proceeds to tell you about his past life as a well-known blacksmith. One day when he was younger, a red glowing crystal fell from the sky, and all creatures, including Yeedo, wanted it. Yeedo made seven medals out of the red rock, and he was envied more than ever. Battles and tournaments were held to see who would win the red fragments, and in the end, the creatures who did win them became mutated, and Yeedo quit his job to flee in shame. Yeedo then gives the player a red meteorite fragment in hopes that you will make it of use, and helps you repair your spaceship. Afterward, Yeedo goes with you in your ship and gives the player advice throughout the game.
Later in the game, you must battle Count Vaart on a faraway planet and then return to the first planet to destroy the medals. However, once you get close to the planet Eses Minnobah, you crash on an asteroid, and get eaten by a large asteroid worm along with the other arena champions. You must fight through the creature and return to Eses Minnobah. However, once you and Yeedo make it to his home, he accidentally melts the medals together and becomes a scythe-armed monster. You must collect all the red medals to reach Yeedo's size and defeat him in a battle to save the galaxy.
After you win the battle, a cutscene unfolds that depicts you throwing the medals into a volcano, completely destroying them. Yeedo goes back to normal and the corruption dies away, and he returns to his loved ones and you look for another great adventure. However, a small bug goes towards a red fragment and gets corrupted, leaving an opening for a sequel.
- Eses Minnobah: A lush world where you meet Yeedo. You learn the basics here. The planet is covered in tropical jungles.
- Se'uq: A planet that has 4 quarters. One light and warm, one light and cold, one dark and warm, and one dark and cold. You could guess it!
- Tyndale: A world that has two sides, one light and one dark. The light side has rivers and eyeball plants, and it is populated by beaked creatures with 6-limbs. The darker side is very gloomy, it is populated by spider-like creatures. This planet's champion is Lupoze.
- Zhakanov: A small planet that has really large plants.
- Spelunkk: A land that was scorched and burned by a passing star, so all the inhabitants had to live in the underground. There are underground lakes and rivers. There are also glowing crystals and spiky plants. The inhabitants are eyeless pig creatures. There is a yellow Epic creature that is sleeping near a rock pillar. There are also 4 monoliths at the underground lake that have to be hit in a certain order. The leader is Rocky.
- Dendryte: A frozen world home to many ox-like creatures. There are dangerous ice geysers that can freeze you and cause damage. There are also some small animals that raid the ox-like creatures' territory to steal their fruit. The leaders are Sparry and Morv.
- Aeoli: A gas planet with floating paths and many turtle-like inhabitants That say they are very fast. There are also spiky plants and flying jellyfish. The leader is Venti, who is obsessed with the "Wind Gods".
- Lilypadian: A strange lush world full of weird flowers and blinking mushrooms. It's inhabitants are very small, spiny, one-eyed, one-legged creatures who speak in rhymes. There is also a short pink creature that is feared by the one-legged people. You must use shrinking portals to get around. Again, Sparry and Morv are the leaders.
- Goglans: A world mostly affected by Count Vaart. He is the leader, of course. The inhabitants have been twisted beyond recognition by Count Vaart's *Asteroid: Home to a large fire-breathing asteroid worm. It crashes into your ship when you are going back to Eses Minnobah. You get eaten by it and you have to break out and get all three medals while against Sparry and Morv. The asteroid worm is a reference to the one in Star Wars.
- Eses Minnobah (Ruined): A volcanic and damaged world that once had a gigantic creature roaming the surface. It somehow returned back to normal, but there is evidence that another large creature threw the red medals into the volcano to heal the planet.
- Count Vaart
- Yeedo (Corrupt)
- Sparry and Morv may be based on Harry and Marv, the robbers from the christmas movie Home Alone. They fight a lot, much more than the two thieves in Home Alone.
- Unlike the last DS spinoff, you do not start out as an Oogie.
- In the Creature Creator, the player can become confused with which direction is forwards or backwards. This can be a problem because the creature will be walking backwards if it's facing the wrong way.
- Unlike in Spore and Spore Hero, you cannot put weapon or detail parts on limbs. Most of the mouths have limited part placing; and the foot parts each have their own leg style. Unlike in Spore, the body shape and all parts cannot be reshape.
- If you want a winged creature, use the Batboy Flap part to make reptilian wings. They won't help you fly, though.
- Unlike Spore Creatures, the creatures in are 3D and uses original Spore parts, along with some new parts. Over 150 parts can be chosen, including parts from Spore Creepy & Cute.
- Like in Spore Creatures the player the has ability to use "Bio-Powers", like lightning strikes and ground stomps. However they are unlocked through battles or special challanges not parts.
- The game features a multiplayer for up to 4 players, who can be connected wireless or with Wi-Fi.
- If you blow into the microphone piece in your DS, your creation/creature will roar.
- The games fighting style can be compared to (and probably is) sumo wrestling as they will usually have to knock their enemy off the arena.
- The "Grubby Grabber" and "Phatlanges" limb pictures are swapped.