Main page update Edit
I've been working on a main page update which you can see on User:Kirkburn/Dev. The changes are fairly important, and you can find out more about why on User talk:Kirkburn/Dev. Feedback is much appreciated! Kirkburn (talk) 13:05, 25 June 2008 (UTC)
- Given the lack of objections, I have converted to the new layout. All the info is retained, plus a little more. Kirkburn (talk) 14:55, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- I've also reduced the protection level to registered users only - that way it can be updated more frequently. Kirkburn (talk) 14:57, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- Just me being picky here, but spore isn't actually out yet, as the main page suggests. Didn't know where to put it, sorry. -Accountless
Main Page moveEdit
I moved the Main Page from "Main Page" to "SporeWiki" to improve the wiki's search engine optimization. Fore more info, see Advice:Raising your wiki's Google ranking at Wikia Help.--Richard 16:45, 6 August 2008 (UTC)
....yeah.. to put in bluntly this wiki sucks...... very bad.........
- Care to qualify that a little bit? And sign your comment? Otherwise it is not what you might call ... constructive. MSquare 21:39, 16 August 2008 (UTC)
if you want to help me with trade wars go to TW wiki and edit The person probably means that their isn't much information on Spore. Don't worry whoever added that, Spore's not far off, and we'll finally be able to get some more info for this WikiHaghog999 23:54, 2 September 2008 (UTC)
To be honest - I have to agree with the "unsigned guy" - there is still lots of informations form early stages of game mixed with the most recent news (random example: Gameplay ), articles lacs of real content, even if such could be quite easily created after watching few vids on YouTube, extensive lack of screenshots (or overpopulation with screens from very early stages of game), the head article, the one most important of all - Spore - resembles more mix of FAQ with stub and quotes of news/promo articles. Even stages icons are outdated, lol. It's very sad when now people play Spore, and here huge part of articles seems to stop being updated about 5 months ago. :/ SkywalkerPL 15:40, 3 September 2008 (UTC)
Here are something that we can do:
- Delete the speculations that were written before the game was released.
- Delete the user-created content. The content could go to another wiki. It will be hard to find real information when all you see are unofficial user-created content.
- More information and screenshots.
Chrisyudbs 06:29, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
I agree with Chrisyudbs. while user content is a good thing, it's downside is that it muddies up the wiki. Is this wiki going to be focussed mainly on game facts and strategies? I hope so. Parthon 06:32, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
- Did you know wiki's can be edited by anyone? Instead of writing "This wiki sucks" try helping it out. Sorry but I find it quite annoying when people leave nonconstructive "feedback" when some of us have put literally days of work into the wiki Dd7900 07:25, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Of course, but I'll want to know what everybody else thinks about deleting:
- User-created content (e.g. Content:Grox, a article about an user-created creature that has nothing to do with the in-game Grox)
- Pre-release speculations (e.g. City types)
- Random articles (e.g. Disney's "Ratatouille" boosts demand for pet rats)
Chrisyudbs 12:22, 13 September 2008 (UTC)
Fact, Fiction and Fan stuffEdit
Moved to Forum:Organizing the wiki/Archive
Under "game phases" not all of the links work. We also have 2 cell stage articles, cell stage and tidepool phase. since "cell stage" is a more accurate description and has the most information I think "tidepool phase" should be deleted and replaced.
Would a 'Featured Article' segment be feasable? and perhaps the stage links could be subdivided into relevant articles. --TheEgg 15:42, 24 September 2008 (UTC) With regards to my second point (subdividing the stage links) see GuildWiki as this site has a good main page layout that we may be able to draw ideas from.--TheEgg 15:58, 24 September 2008 (UTC)
Featured Articles Edit
Why this wiki don't have featured articles? OluapPlayer 15:33, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- Nobody has made an effort to make a system for it. If you want to, start picking out articles and i'll help with the tecknical stuff. Ose t/c 15:35, 3 November 2008 (UTC)
- The whole main page will be replaced sooner or later. By the way, you have deprecated HTML in your sig . Ose t/c 19:35, 23 November 2008 (UTC)
Concept Hunting Edit
As I take it, "concept" pages are being removed. Does this extend to creations that have actually been made and uploaded in the game, but have additional "fanon" or made-up content in the article? Because I've got a few detailed pages like that and I don't want to see them deleted before I have a chance to back them up. Also, I hope this doesn't mean the Naucean pages are going! --Flytdais 23:24, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
- All creations who weren't made in-game are going to be deleted. But if it has a proof that already exist in-game, it won't be deleted. OluapPlayer 23:27, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
Should we take down the creepy and cute things? Edit
I mean its been a while since patch 3 and creepy and cute were realeased, it is kinda redundant to keep them 188.8.131.52 15:15, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
- No we shouldn't. Poeringu 12:05, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Deletion of Tax PagesEdit
What is going on? Why are the tax pages being deleted? OluapPlayer 22:26, 20 December 2008 (UTC)
Badge for colonizing ALL empty planets? Edit
Let's say someone learns how to hack Spore, and colonizes all planets that haven't yet been settled. Do they earn another badge? What else happens?
--ENG 06:19, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
- No. Colonizing all planets don't give you anything, but you will probably gain a Empire 5 badge :) OluapPlayer 10:40, 6 January 2009 (UTC)
Soooooooo...when's the Will Wright interview??? 184.108.40.206 00:24, 7 January 2009 (UTC)
yeah?!?! SporeExpert 22:31, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
That is a point, because that message has been on Sporewiki for over a month now, and there is no more infomation on this interview. When will be the interview ????? Does anyone know? Wormulon 23:15, 9 January 2009 (UTC)
- First of all, the box on the top of this page states that this page is for discussing the main page. Secondly, we put the "teaser" in the newsflash as soon as we heard of the interview, to generate more publicity. But it is Wikia that is organizing the whole thing, so noone but they knew the excact date. Ose t/c 01:03, 10 January 2009 (UTC)
Old Empires Edit
http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/18424.page So, if you read the above, then you'll realize the Old Empires. I want to know-is this a rumour, glitch, or possible archetype that was cut out? Any proof? Anything? Paradox Juice 02:43, 22 January 2009 (UTC)
- I didn't find anything like this, it's probably just a glitch. I searched the whole galaxy besides the center of the galaxy for it. Thanks, TimeMaster Talk Main Contribs
- I've seen this, and it is just an error. Warrior Empires say this, so any empires that say this but are not Warriors mean that this is a glitch in your game. >Tmy2u 17:25, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
How do you get your page in the Top Content thing? Edit
I made a few pages surrounding my creature, the pex, and I want to know if any of them can go in the Top Content thing on the sidebar. Also, there's an Editor's pick thing and a highest voted thing, so what editor does that mean, and who votes on this stuff? Tie-Dye Jeans 23:42, 24 January 2009 (UTC)
- At the bottom of a page, there is a "rate this page" button where all users including anonymous ones can vote on an article. And you shouldn't ask if you can have your creature as the featured content, because that only worsens your chances of actually getting chosen. Thanks, TimeMaster Talk Main Contribs
Not Much Going On Edit
There isn't Much going on with spore at the moment is there? Not much has happend for a while and basicly nothing has been changed for Galactic Adventures in quite some time.--220.127.116.11 14:39, 2 April 2009 (UTC)
Yeah,I'm a main contributor to the Galactic Adventures page. There really isn't anything really interesting happening recently. There's no good spore news,no new talks,no special reviews,no new updates or information on the expansion. I'm sure something will come up soon and spice things up again. (Furby98 20:47, 13 April 2009 (UTC))
The trouble is, most of the users already know everything about Spore, so new infomation is rare :| Wormulon 21:36, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
Maybe we should start a gallery section and upload images there instead of letting them take up allot of space where there could more useful information. but if we do we should divide it into smaller sections such as Galactic Adventures, rares, creepy and cute etc.--18.104.22.168 16:32, 6 May 2009 (UTC)
Spore Galactic Adventures countdown Edit
Just an idea, but should we make a countdown for GA? The Sims wiki did a countdown for the Sims 3 game. Wormulon 19:46, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Pages for Adventures? Edit
Since we have content pages for creatures, cells, UFOs and the others, are we going to create pages for adventures too? OluapPlayer 11:24, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
I think that is a great idea! Wormulon 11:59, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
- I was thinking just a Galactic Adventures namespace, but now that GA is only captains and adventures, Adventures is a good idea. —Preceding signed comment added by TimeMaster (talk • contribs) 17:48, 20 June 2009 (UTC)
SporeWiki changed? Edit
Is it me, or has Sporewiki got a bug or changed? The page is horrible and bloated, and the links are messed up. Is it my computer or are other users experiencing this? I hope the wiki staff have not changed the wiki. Wormulon 22:46, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
It has ended now, but that was strange, all the pages were messed up, probably the wiki codes had a glitch. Wormulon 22:58, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- Something similar happened to me today. I was trying to access SporeWiki through my iTouch and some lines of text turned very small, and others very large. Also, in my prefrences I set my SporeWiki skin as green, however, everything was blue. This has never happened to me until today. Sound like what you are talking about? Zagorian Comm/Contrib 02:23, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
All the headers, templates and links were distorted. Just like you, the lines of text were strange, but instead of being small, they were large. Wormulon 11:09, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
Another interseting thing was that the bottom of the page said retrieved from Sporewikia, which now I can't find. Wormulon 11:57, 16 July 2009 (UTC)
- Sometimes your browser will not load everything (this can be both your browser's or wikia's servers' fault). In most cases a cache refresh or just waiting a while will solve the problem. And also, may I remind you that this talk page is for discussing the main page, general questions and problems go in the forums. Ose t/c 14:44, 17 July 2009 (UTC)
User creations Edit
In all honesty wouldnt it be easyer to either have user creations in a seprate wiki linking the this one or to have a section specifically dedicated for user creations? (possably ordered via spore screenname then branching off to each creaters creations) Example: (Creations- User - Planet - Species) (user includes screename('s) bio and maybe profile) (planet includes name type and possably backstory) (species includes name type and possabley story and recent events)
- Ye thats my bad I only read that not long after posting, but wouldnt it theoretically be added to the main bar at the side of the main page? (and all other pages for that matter). But yea my first consern was just finding a spot to post, If possible can this 'section' be moved to the correct place? 19:57(GMT) 27 October 2009
- You can sign your posts easily by just adding four tildes (
~~~~). Anyhoo, i'm opposed to splitting of any kind. Gathering everything in one place can be messy unless you take measures to organize it. But its the best way to increase traffic, growth, and google ranking. Ose t/c 21:22, October 27, 2009 (UTC)
- You can sign your posts easily by just adding four tildes (
Removing the Content database off the Sporewiki template thing Edit
On the left side template on SporeWiki's main page, there is a list of links for the content databases. However since they have been deleted recently, these links are now dead. I don't know how edit this template so I suggest someone who does know how to remove the links should. There is no point in having dead links on the main page. -Wormulon 00:20, November 5, 2009 (UTC)
- Also it is the link above Top Content and below Game Stages. -Wormulon 00:22, November 5, 2009 (UTC)
Does anybody see anything wrong with this picture? Edit
Look at the recent edits. Count the number of blog/personal interests/forum-like edits between the useful wiki edits. The average ratio between community edits and useful edits is around 49 to 1, with the highest difference I counted being at 121 to 1. That's a huge disparity. This is a website about Spore, not about its community's blogs, creatures, creatures' television, creatures' clothing, creatures' favorite food, creatures' fashion, or role-playing. Doesn't that belong in a forum, or at least a separate community fanstuff wiki, like how the Homestar Runner Wiki has a separate Homestar Runner Forum and a Homestar Runner Fanstuff Wiki?
Since the front page doesn't visibly list any of these blogs, contests, or committees anyway, why not move all of this material to a separate wiki or a forum?
Does anybody know what I mean? — Foto☆shop 21:17, June 26, 2010 (UTC)
No, we have discussed this, and as Ose said, splitting communities is a bad idea. Take a look at the activity on Spore Fanon Wiki, Spore Fan Fiction wiki and Spore RP Wiki, they are practicly dead. Moving the fiction over to another wiki would be a real pain, and such a wiki would take a while to set up. What about the links the articles about Spore, they would after to be changed to interwiki links, and that would be a big task. It seems the community is happy with fiction here, and until the next expansion, this wiki has become more of a forum.
- Okay. I guess it's fine, then. — Foto☆shop 16:04, June 27, 2010 (UTC)
When was this bluey theme applied? — Foto☆shop 18:45, August 1, 2010 (UTC)
I just had a good idea... Edit
Why don't we make a page that has speculation theroies for things that happen in the game but the game never acutally tells you what happened. for example: what happened to the hyper-epics? why do epics get 3x more health (and presumably size) in civ stage? why do the rouges disapper in tribal? say no if you want to, but I think that this page might be a good addition to this wiki. --- 19:30 30th 10th 2010.
Me mad Edit
I have tried creating a account, but it said you 'couldn't register me at the time'. Please help!
-Tim OR (if you fix it!!), Starwanderer
- Hmm, wikia's servers are being upgraded lately, perhaps it is disrupting account creation, hence "at this time". Wait a while and try again, if not, contact wikia. Wormulon Talk to me 22:30, November 19, 2010 (UTC)
Patches and expansion packs Edit
Does anyone know if Maxis is making more patches or expansion packs, or is the spore franchise dead?
No, they are coming out with Darkspore (Which is like KOTOR and GA combined), Spore Creature Keeper (which is like the sims, but you take care of creatures that you make instead of people), and a pack which adds new stages.
Location not showingEdit
On the empires infobox, the location listed in "Empire specifications" is not showing. It is not showing on any empire I've looked at. I don't know how to fix this problem.
Kmolson 03:40, February 9, 2011 (UTC)
I'm A NewbEdit
Sorry for being a newb to this wiki, but I am totally lost. I can't seem to navigate to any kind of fiction database where I can see what fiction stuff the people on this site have come up with. I am interested in writing some of my own fiction stuff, and at one point I found a page that was like a how to guide/advice for that, but can no longer find it. Can I get links or something to those two things... and also, a link to wherever I'm supposed to ask these kinds of questions because I couldn't figure that out either. Thanks in advance!
Panthean 22:47, April 21, 2011 (UTC)
You can ask questions to many experienced members of the wiki, here at SporeWiki's IRC channel. I hope this helps!
Changing Color of Name In Tribe/Civ/Space Stage Edit
I was wondering if it was possible to either decide as a cell or change the color of your species in the tribal, civ, and space stages. The color of your name, like this species is brown:
my first fiction i made i was about to add on o it but the next day it dissapered why is that????
- First, sign your post with four tildes (~~~~), second, what is the fiction called? If I can't find it, then an admin might have deleted it. But don't ask them until I know the name of the fiction and then I try to find it. Resistance is futile! 23:47, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
Fan Fiction Edit
Are we allowed to write our own separate series, or does it have to be part of the community series? Ziebro 18:23, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
- You can have your own personal fiction universe. After all, this is supposed to be a factual wiki about the Spore franchise; the fiction isn't the main official part of it. Ghelae - (talk) 18:40, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Great. I don't know much about making pages so I may need help in the future. But for now, I will just worry about writing the story. Ziebro 18:43, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Creature Pages need Editing Edit
There's some stuff that kind of needs editing, and i'm not sure I can do it alone, so i need some help.
Derpylover25 14:37, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Aver Creature Page:Edit
This page is a little too short, and I think that if we all work together, then we can make it longer. What we need is more detailed information on its social and attack skills. I think that there should be five sections each on its page. The five sections will be its stats, abillities, attack skills, socializing skills, and its racial information. In addition, i think that each section should be three or four paragraphs long. I am currently working on the page, but I'm not sure of what to type in.
Derpylover25 14:37, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
Someone should make a Spore Fanon WIki for the the made up stuff that people like to do. And another thing, i need help on my book that im writing called "A Spore Story" and i need the best writers on this wiki to help! The storyline is pretty good, i just need a good way of writing it, so who's in?!
Hi guys! I'm Yellowpikmin5555! Srsly, this has got to be the best wiki. EVER. If you like willosaurs come check out Willosaur Wiki. Its not very big but with a little help it could grow! Yellowpikmin5555 (talk) 15:34, November 22, 2013 (UTC)Yellowpikmin5555
Who created the Wiki? Edit
- I would like to point out that this talk page is for discussing how to manage the main page. Use the forums for miscellaneous questions about the wiki. But to answer your question, it was founded by Zorlac, 7th of January, 2006. However, the wiki has changed much since then and many other users (1, 2, 3 etc.) have made far more foundational edits in my opinion. --Wormulon Talk to me 16:31, November 24, 2013 (UTC)
GUYS GUYS GUYS!! Italic text You HAVE To See This..! http://www.spore.com/comm/prototypes/ This Is A Download List Of Spore Prototypes Released By The Developers... It Has A Lot Of Cool Stuff, But What's Even Cooler Is The Thing I Found From One Of The Prototypes, Named "gongazo." https://www.mediafire.com/?j004jj37z3114b7 There Are A Variety Of Models In This Folder, But There's One That I Found That Everyone Knows And Loves, And Has Been Looking For For Quite A While.
Yes, There It Is - The Willosaur! (And Its In Its Awesome Aquatic Stage Form!) Feel Free To Download The Willosaur.. Or, As It's Referred To In The Files, "aquatictripod" Model! I Know I'm Probably Not The First To Discover This, But At Least Now I've Provided A Download For It. I'll Be Posting More Talk Pages As I Rummage Through The Prototype Files. NegaTheImpmon9508 (talk) 00:52, December 16, 2016 (UTC)