Is Steve a Human? Edit
I reached the Galactic Core some days ago and I noticed that Steve said that he lives in the third planet of the Sun (here in my language, at least). He is also the only creature in the game that speak english. Don't this make Steve a human? OluapPlayer 01:11 19 September 2008 (UTC)
- He doesn't live on Earth, he's trying to sell you a timeshare
- He's the only thing in the game that speaks English because it's a plot device- Maxis have a habit of having their NPCs/PCs speak garbage (e.g. simlish), Steve speaks English because it's important to the plot.
- As to Steve's species, look into the origins of the UFO on the cover of Sim City.
- SignpostMarv 20:03, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Has anyone tried using the hologram projection thingie on earth after talking to Steve and before tinkering with the planet? I'd like to know out of curiosity. --The accountless avenger.
The way i see it steve is a probe the humans made to guard the staff of life from the grox (Theres a story that goes along with this but its long...just searh th groxs origin)-purpill
In Galactic Adventures Steve is shown to be a bird thing. Liquid Ink 21-08-09
Check the time of your race in the evolution menu. About 4.6 billion years. About the same as humanity. He says he has a TIMESHARE on Earth, meaning he owns it...
Eye of SpodeEdit
Is it possible that Steve represents the eye of spode, since his craft has an enormous eye-like projection on it. Dark Ridley 18:51, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
- SignpostMarv 20:03, 22 September 2008 (UTC)
Yeah, and the Tentacles they sometimes mention could be the 5 arms of the Galaxy :) Paradox Juice 18:54, 1 November 2008 (UTC)
Spoiler Warning & Different videoEdit
Perhaps this article should have a spoiler warning. I clicked the the link to this article from the Galactic Objects page before I had reached the Galactic Core. I only read the first sentence, but it still spoiled it somewhat.
- Also, the llamas in the entrance sequence are not clearly shown in the linked video. I've seen a video on YouTube in which llamas were clear. Is it just me, or is the sequence a reference to 2001: A Space Odyssey?
220.127.116.11 00:47, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- It's not usual to mark spoilers on a wiki. If you come here, you know the risk. Ose t/c 09:29, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
Quite a few wikis have spoilers because some people are there for a little help but not spoilers for interesting thingsJamesrules90 18:22, 7 April 2009 (UTC)
- It's true, on ZP (Zeldapedia) they even divide the articles into hint-spoiler peices, as well as canonical and non-canonical... But personally it strikes me as overly-organized, and most overly-organized Wikis are really mean and kick people out over stupid things... But still, perhaps a template for "spoilers" is in order... Who wants me to create a red-text "Spoiler" template at Template:Spoiler?
- Noone's going to go slapping any spoiler tags on any pages unless the community as a whole decides to. And in my opinion its just unneccesary. If you don't want to know who Steve is, don't click the link. If you don't want to know what's in the Galactic Core, don't click the link. Its as simple as that. Ose t/c 19:34, October 26, 2009 (UTC)
- It was just a suggestion... and yeah what if you don't know what Steve is, and you want to know, but the article explains too fast for you to find out where he is but not learn what happens when you find him... We could at least make sure that people understand where he is from before they accidentally read what happens when they reach him... Cap't Z
Strange. People say Steve talks the chosen language of the game, but here Steve don't talk portuguese, just random gibberish similar to english. "WHUS THATS MASTERIOUS VOIC WOO POSSE SUC POWAS??? MA GLAAD U ASKD!" OluapPlayer 21:23, 21 April 2009 (UTC)
He does speak the selected language unless it portuguesse, russian(?), and hungarian(?). - brandman1996
Steve is mentioned to be selling Time Shares, such as "We are nearly sold out on the last phase of a wonderful Time-Share opportunity on one of our larger stars--and a rare planet in its orbit." And in Galactic Adventures, "Steve was last seen selling Time-Shares near the core." Liquid Ink 21-08-09
The technical sectionEdit
Is it really necessary? I don't mean to be a nitpicker, but no other article has the technical details of its subject... D34THROW 01:45, August 15, 2010 (UTC)
A little noteEdit
Questions unanswered Edit
I really hope they make Spore 2... because the meeting with Steve really did leave some stuff hanging in the air. Like, what is Steve's interest in the Third Rock from the Sol (Earth)? Why is he shown as a humanoid in Adventure Town? I think these questions follow up to a bigger plot... --XaviCommander 21:22, June 25, 2011 (UTC)
Same here, but I have a few questions someone could answer. Would the "rare planet" near a "larger star" be Earth? I mean, many stars we already know about are much bigger than the sun, including Alpha Centauri. I still have a little thought on this, too. Is Steve part of the grox? Like, I left the core, trying to get back to my homeworld for the mission, and the grox blew me up. Faster way there, I admit, but I think they should be turned Nuetral after you leave the core. --Site Visitor, happened to be on 18:46, Nov. 24 2011 (GMT)