This article requires cleanup for quality standards and clarity. Feel free to help out!
Test Drive is a mode in the Spore creature editor that allows you to see your creature's mechanics come to life. You can test how it walks, jumps, and does different actions in stages (like some are from creature stage).
Animations: your creature can dance,roar,and do other stuff. the whistle tool makes your creature look at you.
Scenes and Backgrounds: You have 4 main scenes.
- A grassy plain (default)
- A volcanic fortress or castle
- An alien colony on a planet of eyeballs, similar to colonist outfitter.
- Plain black screen. Taking pictures with this screen either gives you the black screen, or a pre-cutout of your creature
The Creepy and Cute Parts Pack brings...
- A mushroom-filled silly and peaceful wonderland (cute)
- Ruins of a city in smoke and ash (creepy)
Outfitters: They only have the outfitting area and the black screen for backgrounds.
Eggs: Clicking on one of the eggs spawns a baby. You can have 3 babies at once. They will mimic your actions, but sometimes there is an error where one is slow and does it a few seconds afterwards.
- Spin: Spins around and lands.
- Roar: A loud and horrific roar. Sentient creatures do a "battle cry" like when done after killing something in Galactic Adventures.
- Flip: Flips and lands.
- Call: A mating call.
- Sit: Your creature squats.
- Punch: A simple punch forward with a "closed fist", or if no hands, usually the "head"
- The Point: A pointing dance where your creature points one direction with a sound.
- Hippity Hop: Your creature hops around in circles.
- Walk N Place: Simple movement of swaying and pointing toward the sky.
- The Stomp: Your creature stomps, one foot after the other, with clenched fists.
- Hot Foot: Your creature hops from one foot to another, pretending their feet are burning.
- Raver Punch: Your creature constantly bobs up and down while "punching" the ground.
- Ta-Dah: Your creature spins around, lands, and gives a "victory" pose
- Hey: Saying hello.
- Cutie: Bobs up and down, then does a small wave, as if greeting a young child.
- Flex: Your creature shows its strength. Rahhhhh!
- Sumo: An angered position, starting off with going into a deep stance.
- Hey Baby: As if greeting one you "like" or showing off.
- Happy: Your creature jumps in joy.
- Angry: Your creature hops angrily and nods "no"
- Sad: Dreary look, then looks down and makes "crying" sounds.
- Laugh: Your creature laughs hysterically.
- Scared: Your creature looks around itself frantically, then shivers in fear.
- Swoon: Sways side to side with hearts over their head, then shakes their head and becomes alert again.
- Bounce: Your creature bounces, then lands back, standing up.
- Dizzy: Your creature spins around, and when it stops, it sways as if dizzy.
- Gymnastics: Your creature does some flips.
- Flirt: Your creature shakes its behind, like with Charm.
- Sneeze: Your creature sneezes.
- Sing: Your creature sings, a different song for each mouth.
- Robot Dance: Your creature acts like a robot.
- Space Walk: Your creature does the moonwalk.
- Hoedown: Your creature dances to farm-like music, same as Dance Level 5
- Ballet: Your creature hops from foot to foot, stands on one foot, and collapses.
- Back Spin: Your creature spins around in circles on its back then stands up.
- Flowers: Your creature hops in circles and throws flowers, like in Tribal Stage, if your creature isn't the one carrying the gift, it throws flowers instead.
- Sicken: Your creature vomits on the ground.
- Lightning: Your creature is hit by lightning. After it stops, your creature collapses momentarily, playing dead.
- Stalk: Your creature creeps around, making sounds, as if stalking another creature.
- Zombie Walk: Your creature walks like a zombie.
- Charge: Your creature walks forward, then roars.
- Bees: Your creature is attacked by a swarm of bees. It runs in terror. Similar to a creature getting attacked by the Summon Swarm ability.
- Howl: Plays wolf howling animation and sound, with gothic music.
- Twitch: The creature shakes its head, then one eye gets bigger while the other one blinks.
- Banshee Scream: Your creature roars a few times with a small charge.
- Evil Laugh: Your creature laughs, but more.. scary. Scary music in background.
- Super Stomp: Your creature backs up, then runs forward, jumps, and lands with a blast of dirt.
- Blast: Your creature is launched backward.
Patch 1.03: Movements
- Walk: Walks in place.
- Run: Runs in place like the Sprint ability.
- The Test Drive mode can be updated with Patch 1.03, Creepy and Cute parts pack, and Spore Galactic Adventures Expansion Pack.
- Your creature cannot use the "Roar" animation if it does not have a mouth. Strangely enough, however, you can seem to do a mating call action even if the following creature is mouthless, while in the Creature Stage it's incapable of calling for a mate.
- You have the ability to take screenshots and videos with buttons and/or the C and V keys.
- Test Drive is available in all types of creature editor.
- If you save in the volcanic background, your creature's Sporepedia card will be a bit more orange-ish, but if you view them they are the normal color.
- In the Creepy and Cute Animation Section, if you press the bee/swarm button in Test Drive with all babies activated, for five minutes, your screen will turn black, after 7 minutes, Spore shall crash.
- Pressing spacebar will do a small hop, regardless of jump level.